Monday, November 01, 2010

SWAP 2011 - The Beginning of a Storyboard

In 2003 I moved back to my home state of NH after living for 26 years in CO.  I went through a really tough three year period and actully stopped sewing.  Something I've done and enjoyed since 5th grade.  After living here for a few years, I searched the web for some sewing connections.  I discovered the SWAP contest, and it brought back the love with a vengence.

My first contest was business attire, my second a southwestern theme.  I met my DH ballroom dancing, so this year I plan on making clothes to go dancing in.  Not competition clothes, but clothes I can were to other places also.  Below is an example of exactly what I am talking about.   


The back of the shorter skirt allows for movement in dancing, but it appears more of a normal straight skirt to wear for an evening out.  The top is a perfect garment to wear with a skirt or slacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment