I had a block of time last night, so I decided to begin cutting the gray/white striped dress. I've cut even and uneven plaids, even and uneven stripes before, but never a chevron effect. I was a bit concerned. One mistake could be disasterous. Therefore, the decision to cut one panel at a time seemed like a good one. Luckily, I have plenty of fabric, but I don't want to waste any of it.
The first piece, CF panel, was easy. I made sure the stripe went in the upward position. I used the cut fabric as the pattern for the mirror image of the second side. I managed to line up the stripes easy enough for perfection. In preparing to sew CF, I carefully pinned each strip, so lots of pins were involved. I attached my walking foot to my machine to avoid slipage. Things went smoothly, and I was very pleased with the result.