Wednesday, December 01, 2010

SWAP 2011 - Knit Top

I rarely sew with knits, and I have no good reason for explaining that.  I even have a serger.  I usually use my serger to finish off woven seams.  I can't recall ever making anything from lace.  This SWAP piece will use both techniques ~ knit and lace. 


Pattern:               Simplicity 6703 View1.

Description:         Top stitched top has scoop neckline, lace inset
                           at yoke, and extended shoulders forming cap
                           sleeve. 

Fabric:                 Outter top:  black stretch lace purchased from
                                             Denver Fabrics, Denver, CO.
                           Top Lining:  nude strech fabric purchased
                                             on-line from Emma One Sock.

New Techniques:  Sewing with knits.
                           Sewing with lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment