Friday, August 20, 2010

Blue Stripped Man's Shirt-The Vision

My DS is requesting that I make him some shirts. It's a very complimentary request since he's an adult and has witnessed my work over a number of years. The problem is that we don't live near each other. He has problems purchasing shirts that are long enough in the sleeve. I'm starting out with a short sleeved shirt, while waiting for him to provide me with a sleeve length. Men measure their sleeve length from the center of their back yoke, across their shoulder, to their wrist bone. I told him not to forget to bend his elbow when measuring.

Reference Book: "Shirtmaking" by David Coffin.

Special Feet: Felling foot and hemming foot.

Pattern: McCall's M6044, view A, collar, collar stand, front band, one chest pocket.

Fabric: Light blue/dark blue/white, even stipped (even strips will match along a right angle), 100% cotton fabric from stash originally purchased from Joann's Fabrics.

Interfacing: White muslin

Alteration: None.

Thread: Light blue.

Buttons: Seven white shirt buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment